May 6-12 is the time of year dedicated to thanking nurses for the work they do everyday. This week is celebrated annually, starting with National Nurses Day on May 6 and concluding on the birthday of Florence Nightingale, best known as the founder of modern nursing.
Last year, nurses were cited as the top trusted profession in the United States – for the sixteenth year in a row! Nurses have claimed the top spot in Gallup’s annual poll since they started in 1999, only coming in second once, after firefighters claimed the top spot in 2001 immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In addition to nurses, 2018’s list includes military officers, grade school teachers, medical doctors, police officers and pharmacists.
Trusting in your honesty, integrity and capabilities, we understand how challenging and difficult your career as a nurse can be.
To show our thanks, restaurants and other vendors all across America advertise freebies or discounts to celebrate and share a little love with nurses during National Nurses Week – no matter your specialty, practice setting or geography.
Nurse Appreciation Deals: Food
Participation can vary. Double-check with your local chains and restaurants to confirm availability.
- Chipotle: Last year, Chipotle offered a “CODE BURRITO” promotion that offered nurses a buy-one-get-one free deal on burritos, bowls, salads, and orders of tacos. Although the offer was a little delayed, valid a month late on June 5, 2018, it’s still too good to pass up! UPDATE JUNE 3, 2019: Chipotle is offering this deal on June 4. Simply present your ID, and all nurses, NPs, nurse anesthetists and certified nursing assistants can take advantage of this deal.
- Cinnabon: May 6-11, nurses get one free MiniBon Roll or a four-count BonBites when they show their badge at participating locations. Since its inception, Cinnabon’s partnership with the DAISY foundation has resulted in the presentation of The DAISY Award to more than 85,000 nurses in over 2,600 medical facilities internationally, which includes Cinnabon rolls as a part of the celebration. Here’s this year’s flyer!
- Pollo Tropical: Last year, nurses get 25% off any purchase when they show their healthcare ID and use code 651 at checkout, according to a Facebook post. Check with your local location to see if they’re participating this time around!
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop: Through May 12, show your medical ID or wear your scrubs for a free fountain drink or cookie with the purchase of a sandwich or salad. Limited to one per customer.
- Texas Steakhouse & Saloon: In 2018, nurses took $5 off a minimum purchase of $15 or more when they show their badge – we’d expect Texas Steakhouse & Saloon to celebrate similarly this year as well.
- Häagen-Dazs: Not quite during Nurses Week, May 12 is Häagen-Dazs’ Free Cone Day.
- PDQ: Every year, teachers and nurses get 50% off their total check on the Tuesday of Nurses Week in May, with valid ID. Looks like this year is May 7!
- Scooter’s Coffee: Last year, nurses received 50% off any drink when they show their nurse ID. No word yet on if they’re participating this year, but we have a good feeling they will! Check with your local branch to find out.
Chocolate, Flowers and Gifts
- Cheryl’s: Check out the available coupons to take advantage of deals like free shipping year round, free cookies, and joining a cookie club.
- PersonalizationMall.com: Save 15 percent off all regular-priced items with code PMDEAL15 through May 31, 2019.
- ProFlowers: Save 20 percent on orders of $39 or more, or choose free shipping, with these daily coupons.
- Shari’s Berries: Various deals help you send sweets to fellow nurses in your life – or treat yourself!
- 1-800-FLOWERS: Offers multiple promo codes, including free shipping or saving up to 40% on any purchase.
- Auto Discounts: CNA members can purchase Ford, Mazda, Nissan and General Motors vehicles at fleet pricing at designated dealerships. You must make an appointment and complete the CNA Auto Purchase Program Validation Form to participate.
- Geico: Members of several healthcare professional organizations — including the American Association of Registered Nurses and the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses — are eligible for insurance discounts.
- CNA members qualify for special rental car discounts with code 94388 for Hertz. When using Avis, CNA members can receive up to 10% discount on domestic car rentals, and 20% for international rentals (code T860100). Both can be used for personal or professional travel. Score!
- Movie Theaters: Save up to 40 percent per adult ticket at theaters across the country, including AMC, Dolby, Regal and Cinemark with your NUSA membership.
- Nationwide Auto Insurance: Get special discounts for members of the ANA.
- Nature’s Gift: Get 10 percent off essential oils for all licensed healthcare professionals.
- NSNA members get exclusive discounts at Office Depot/Office Max all year long, with the ability to save up to 75 percent off your entire purchase.
- NUSA members receive an average of $15 to $25 in savings per day at Universal Studios in Hollywood.
- NUSA Members also receive discounts from Six Flags, the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and more!
- Walt Disney World: Nurses can get a special room rate at the Swan and Dolphin Resort through Dec. 23, 2019.
- Use code NURSE10 to take 10 percent off the best available rate at any Westgate Resort property.