Last modified: December 30, 2019
Barton Healthcare Staffing, LLC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by way of this notice.
This privacy notice describes, among other things, the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit, use, or register on the website www.bartonhealthcarestaffing.com, as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This privacy notice applies to any users of the www.bartonhealthcarestaffing.com website and any U.S.-based affiliated websites, web pages, mobile applications, and mobile websites owned or operated by BHS (collectively, the “Site”), including users who are seeking to register as clinicians (“clinicians”), users who are seeking the services of one or more clinicians (“clients”), and users of any of the various services that BHS provides through the Site or any other channels, including over the telephone. For purposes of this privacy notice, the terms “BHS,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Barton Healthcare Staffing, LLC, and “you” refers to you, as a visitor, registrant, or user of the Site or our services.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use or access the Site. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to this privacy notice. This notice may change from time to time (see Changes to our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of the Site after we make changes to this notice is deemed to be your acceptance in full of those changes, so please check this notice periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, and do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect “personal information” (information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address) and other information about our users. In order to use some of the services offered by BHS, you must register on the Site. Each time you register on the Site, you become a “registrant.”
Visitors can access and browse certain portions of the Site without disclosing personal information; however, like most websites, we collect certain information from your computer or mobile device by automated means when you visit our Site, such as your IP address, software and hardware attributes, usage data, and the pages accessed. Visitors who access and browse the Site without registering are Site “visitors.”
Information You Provide to Us. All personal information that you provide to us, including when registering, posting a profile or other materials, photos, comments, blogs, or contributions, communicating through the Site, discussing locum tenens opportunities over the phone, utilizing our mobile applications, or that you otherwise provide on the Site or by phone, email, or postal mail, will be stored by us. You represent and warrant to us that you have the right, power, and authority to provide us all personal information which you provide. You may provide us this personal information in various ways, including:
- When Registering. Each time you register directly through the Site, we will collect and store all of the information that you provide on our online registration forms, including without limitation your first and last name, email address, home address, phone number, and other contact information.
- By Telephone. You may provide personal information to BHS when you contact us or utilize certain services BHS may offer by telephone. For example, if you call BHS to discuss locum tenens opportunities over the phone, we will collect and store all of the information you chose to provide to us, including without limitation your first and last name, email address, home address, phone number, financial information, information about the opportunities you seek, and your references.
- Otherwise Through the Site or by Telephone, Email, Postal Mail, or Chat. You may also provide personal information on the Site through other Site features and offerings such as our online communications, groups, blogs, comments, discussion forums, and payment platforms, or you may choose to provide us additional personal information by phone, email, postal mail, chat, or contributing or posting any photographs or information to any blogs, comments, discussion forums, or other Site features or posts. We collect and store all of the personal information you provide us through these channels. It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to us.
Information Provided by Others.
- By Service Providers You Use in Connection with Our Services. If you engage a client or clinician through BHS or the Site, that client or clinician may provide us personal information about you or your affiliates or acquaintances, such as information relating to your transactions with them.
- By Other Sources. In addition, we may obtain from other sources publicly available information about you, including demographic data or information about your healthcare practice and registration.
Information You Expressly Authorize Us to Collect. We may from time to time request permission to collect personal information from or about you.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. Like most websites, we and our service clinicians collect information from your visits to the Site, among other reasons, to help us gather statistics about use and effectiveness, to evaluate the effectiveness of our ads both on and off the Site, to customize your experience on the Site, and to improve the quality of our services. We do so through the use of various technologies, including cookies and tracking pixels. A cookie is a tiny data file that resides on your computer and allows us to recognize you when you return to the Site using the same computer and web browser. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use the Site.
In addition to cookies, we use tracking pixels or web beacons, which collect certain standard information that your browser sends to the Site, such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our Site. Tracking pixels do not identify individual users, and the analysis of data obtained by tracking pixels is generally performed on an aggregate basis for Site usage analytics, advertising auditing and reporting, and content and advertising personalization.
When you visit our Site or open one of our emails, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie, pixel, and/or similar technologies on your browser in order to provide you relevant advertisements as you surf the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to you based on information these authorized third parties know or infer about you and include in the cookies placed on your browser and/or information about your Internet browsing activities gathered through your browser. Although you may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you may control the collection of data on the Site used for targeted advertising during your visits to other websites by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that we opt you out of such activities. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served non-targeted advertising. You will continue to receive generic, non-targeted ads.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. There is currently no industry standard for how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. We do not respond to “do not track” signals at this time; if we do so in the future, we will describe how in this privacy notice.
Our Site may include social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook “Like” button and the Facebook “Share” button. These features may collect your IP address, the URL of the page you are visiting on the Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
The Site may provide links to other websites that we believe may be of interest to our visitors and registrants. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those websites or for the information or content such websites contain. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by us through the Site and as otherwise set forth in this privacy notice. Thus, when you use a link to go from our Site to another third-party website, this privacy notice is not in effect for such third-party website. We encourage our visitors and registrants to read the privacy policies of these other websites before proceeding to use them.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present and administer our Site and its contents;
- to provide and perform our services;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to help us communicate with you, including providing you notices about our services or your registration on and use of the Site;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- to analyze and respond to trends and usage patterns;
- to protect the safety and integrity of the Site;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We also use the information we collect to help us improve our services and customize the user experience, such as by providing targeted, useful features and promotions based on the type of services you may seek. We also aggregate the information collected via cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads, and analyze patterns in the use of the Site.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, or to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Please be aware that if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We may share your information with various third parties, as described below. Please review our sharing and disclosure terms closely, especially with respect to your personal information. By using the Site or our services, you agree to allow us to share the personal information and other information that you provide to us or that we may collect in the ways described below.
- Registered Users. We may share information that is included in your job posting or profile, aside from your contact information, as well as your name, location, specialty, curriculum vitae, license/certification status, and other pertinent information, in order to increase your chances of finding a placement or finding the healthcare clinician you need.
- Vendors/Service Providers. We also share personal information with vendors we have retained to perform services on our behalf (for example, to provide email services, demographic information, or geo-location information, to perform background checks or verification checks, to process credit card payments, or to send optional SMS messages to mobile phone numbers). These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Affiliates, Subsidiaries, and Business Partners. We may disclose any of the information you’ve provided to us or that we’ve collected about you to any of our affiliates or subsidiaries, for the purposes of providing our services or their services, operating the Site, and other commercial purposes. We may also share personal information and other information with our business partners in connection with a transaction or with such partners’ potential job postings, placements, or related activities.
- With Your Consent or for the Purpose for which You Provide It. We may share your personal information with a third party if you consent to the sharing. We may also disclose and share your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for which we requested it.
- Background Checks. BHS may request that one or more background checks be performed on you by third-party consumer reporting agencies with whom BHS contracts for such purposes. BHS assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever to you or any third party by virtue of requesting any such background check, the performance thereof by the third-party background check vendor, or the results of such background check obtained by the third-party background check vendor. You acknowledge that sensitive material may be included in your background check, and that you are responsible for furnishing your correct contact information to receive such materials.
- Business Transactions. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your personal information may be transferred to another company. Should such a sale, transfer, or other transaction occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use information you have provided in a manner consistent with this privacy notice.
In addition, we may disclose aggregated information about our visitors and registrants, as well as any information that does not identify any particular individual, without restriction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
By registering on the Site, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, such as placement or clinician information, tips and advice, news and information, customer surveys, and administrative and other notices.
You have a choice at any time to stop us from sending you emails for marketing purposes by following the “Unsubscribe” or “Opt-Out” instructions/link provided in such emails or by sending us an email at email@example.com and requesting that we opt you out of such campaigns. Please note that, despite any indicated email marketing preferences, we may send you administrative emails regarding BHS, including, for example, notices of updates to this notice and notifications of new clinicians or clients in your area, if we choose to provide such notices to you in this manner.
You may also opt-out of receiving unsolicited marketing calls from us regarding your BHS registration by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that we opt you out of such calls.
Your opt-out preferences will take effect within 10 business days of BHS’s receipt of your request.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Reviewing and Updating Your Information
You may request to receive a copy of all personal data that we hold in relation to you. You may also request to have such data corrected, updated, or removed from our files. However, we may not accommodate any such request if we believe the correction, update, removal, or other action would violate any law, rule, regulation, contractual obligation, or internal compliance or retention requirement. All such requests should be emailed to email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents for more information about the personal information we collect, use, and disclose.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure (if any) of personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may make such a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Information
Although we maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for the Site designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the information we collect through our Site, unfortunately the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We thus cannot and do not ensure, guarantee, or warrant the security or privacy of any information (including personal information) transmitted or provided to or on the Site or to us. Any transmission or provision of personal information and other information is at your own risk. We also are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Changes to this Notice
To ask questions or comment about this privacy notice and our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com.